Ajmer Haridwar Express Route Map
- The Ajmer Haridwar Express is a popular train route connecting two important cities in India.
- The route offers scenic views of the diverse landscapes of Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
- Passengers get the opportunity to visit iconic religious sites and historical monuments along the way.
- Ajmer Haridwar Express provides a comfortable and convenient mode of transportation for both locals and tourists.
- Traveling on this route allows people to experience the cultural and natural beauty of North India.
The Ajmer Haridwar Express route holds historical significance as it connects two cities rich in heritage and religious importance. Ajmer, located in the state of Rajasthan, is known for the famous Ajmer Sharif Dargah, a Sufi shrine dedicated to Moinuddin Chishti. Haridwar, situated in Uttarakhand, is one of the seven holiest places for Hindus and is famous for the Kumbh Mela.
The introduction of the train route has made it easier for both pilgrims and tourists to travel between these two significant destinations. The Ajmer Haridwar Express connects major towns and cities, such as Jaipur, Ajmer, Pushkar, Ajmeri Gate, Delhi, Meerut, Roorkee, and Haridwar. The route covers a distance of approximately 650 kilometers and offers breathtaking views of the Aravalli Range and the Ganges River.
- The Ajmer Haridwar Express route passes through the iconic Pink City, Jaipur, known for its palaces and forts.
- Travelers can visit the famous Brahma Temple in Pushkar, one of the few temples dedicated to Lord Brahma.
- The journey also takes passengers through Delhi, the capital city of India, offering a glimpse of its historical landmarks.
- Meerut, situated on the banks of the Ganges, is known for its ancient architecture and rich cultural heritage.
- Roorkee, home to the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), is an important educational and research hub.
Ajmer Haridwar Express Route Map
Table of Relevant Facts
|1983||Introduction of Ajmer Haridwar Express train service|
|1988||Inauguration of new track alignment near Roorkee|
|1995||Electrification of the entire Ajmer Haridwar Express route|
|2002||Renovation of railway stations along the route|
|2014||Improved connectivity with the introduction of more trains|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the major attractions along the Ajmer Haridwar Express route?
Some of the major attractions along the route include the Ajmer Sharif Dargah, Pushkar Lake, Jaipur’s City Palace, Red Fort in Delhi, and Har Ki Pauri in Haridwar.
Are there any specific religious festivals celebrated along this route?
Yes, the Kumbh Mela held in Haridwar is one of the most significant religious festivals celebrated along the route.
What is the total distance covered by the Ajmer Haridwar Express?
The route covers a distance of approximately 650 kilometers.
How long does it take to travel from Ajmer to Haridwar by train?
The travel time can vary depending on the train and its schedule. Generally, it takes around 12-14 hours to complete the journey.
Can I book tickets for the Ajmer Haridwar Express online?
Yes, tickets for the train can be booked online through the Indian Railways official website or other authorized platforms.
Are there any luxury or premium trains available on this route?
Yes, Indian Railways operates luxury trains like the Palace on Wheels and Maharajas’ Express that cover parts of the Ajmer Haridwar Express route.
Is the Ajmer Haridwar Express route well-connected with other major cities in India?
Yes, the route is well-connected with major cities like Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra, providing convenient options for travelers to explore additional destinations.
- Indian Railways Official Website
- Rajasthan Tourism Official Website
- Government of Uttarakhand Official Website
- Ajmer Haridwar Express
- Ajmer Haridwar train route
- Ajmer Haridwar railway route
- Ajmer to Haridwar train
- Ajmer to Haridwar distance
- Ajmer to Haridwar train time
- Ajmer to Haridwar route map
- Ajmer Haridwar train schedule