- Alabama 150000 Fort Rucker Military Installation Map Loc 2011592116 provides detailed information about the Fort Rucker Military Installation in Alabama.
- This map is essential for military personnel, planners, and researchers who require precise geographical knowledge of the area.
- The map includes essential features such as roads, buildings, natural landmarks, and elevation contours.
- It provides both a comprehensive overview and detailed analysis of the military installation, making it a valuable resource.
History of Fort Rucker Military Installation
The Fort Rucker Military Installation, located in Alabama, has a rich history dating back to its establishment as an Army airfield in 1942. Originally known as Ozark Triangular Division Camp, the installation played a key role in training Army aviators during World War II.
After the war, the installation was renamed Fort Rucker in honor of Colonel Edmund Rucker, a Civil War Confederate officer. Throughout the following decades, Fort Rucker continued its mission of training aviators and expanded its capabilities to become the primary flight training base for helicopter pilots in the United States.
Today, Fort Rucker remains a vital hub for the U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence, housing several major commands and serving as the centerpiece of Army aviation training. The military installation plays a crucial role in training, doctrine development, and aviation research, supporting both domestic and international missions.
Study of the Alabama 150000 Fort Rucker Military Installation Map Loc 2011592116 reveals several unique insights about the area:
- The map provides detailed information about the various facilities within the military installation, including training areas, aircraft hangars, barracks, administrative buildings, and recreational areas.
- It showcases the extensive network of roads and infrastructure within the installation, facilitating efficient movement of personnel and equipment.
- The map highlights the natural features surrounding Fort Rucker, such as rivers, lakes, and forests, which not only add to the aesthetic beauty of the area but also impact military operations.
- Elevation contours on the map offer a deeper understanding of the terrain, enabling military planners to strategize effectively.
- With the help of the map, troops can navigate the installation with ease, ensuring efficient coordination and communication during training exercises and operations.
Relevant Facts of Fort Rucker Military Installation
|1942||The Army airfield, initially known as Ozark Triangular Division Camp, is established.|
|1948||The installation is renamed Fort Rucker in honor of Colonel Edmund Rucker.|
|1955||Fort Rucker becomes the primary flight training base for helicopter pilots in the United States.|
|Present||Fort Rucker serves as the centerpiece of Army aviation training and research.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Who can benefit from using the Alabama 150000 Fort Rucker Military Installation Map?
The map is particularly useful for military personnel, planners, researchers, and anyone interested in gaining geographical insights into Fort Rucker Military Installation.
2. Can this map be accessed digitally?
Yes, the Alabama 150000 Fort Rucker Military Installation Map is available both in printed format and as a digital resource.
3. How accurate is the map?
The map provides highly accurate and up-to-date information about the military installation, ensuring optimal navigational support and planning capabilities.
4. Can I find landmarks and natural features on the map?
Absolutely! The map includes landmarks, natural features, and elevation contours, providing a detailed overview of the area.
5. Are there any recreational areas within Fort Rucker Military Installation?
Yes, the map highlights recreational areas within the installation, contributing to the well-being and quality of life for military personnel.
6. Is this map available for public use?
While the map is primarily designed for military use, it may also be accessible to the public.
7. Where can I obtain a copy of the Alabama 150000 Fort Rucker Military Installation Map?
You can obtain a copy of the map from authorized military suppliers, online retailers, or directly from the official sources associated with Fort Rucker Military Installation.
- Fort Rucker military installation
- Alabama map
- Army aviation training
- Helicopter pilot training
- Military planner
- Geographical insights
- Navigational support