- The Fort Bliss Facility Map Main Area 1974 provides a detailed representation of the military installation.
- The map showcases various facilities, buildings, and key points of interest within the Fort Bliss Main Area in 1974.
- It offers valuable historical insights into the layout and organization of the military base during that period.
The Fort Bliss Facility Map Main Area 1974 is a significant document that offers a glimpse into the past of the Fort Bliss military installation. Fort Bliss, located in El Paso, Texas, has a long and rich history dating back to its establishment in 1848.
During 1974, Fort Bliss was an active military base, serving as a major training facility for the United States Army. The map was created to assist military personnel and visitors in navigating the vast area of the Fort Bliss Main Area.
The Fort Bliss Facility Map Main Area 1974 provides several unique insights into the military base during that time:
- The map showcases the wide range of facilities and structures present within the Fort Bliss Main Area in 1974, including barracks, training grounds, administrative buildings, and recreational areas.
- It highlights the strategic positioning of key military assets, such as firing ranges and artillery storage areas.
- The map reveals the layout of road networks and transportation infrastructure, providing valuable information on the connectivity and accessibility of the base.
- It documents the location of medical facilities, including hospitals, clinics, and dental centers, emphasizing the importance of healthcare services within the military base.
Fort Bliss Facility Map Main Area 1974 Facts
|Location||Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas|
|Importance||Assisted with navigation and orientation within the Fort Bliss Main Area|
|Size||Covered a significant area of the military base|
|Users||Military personnel and visitors to Fort Bliss|
Q: How can I obtain a copy of the Fort Bliss Facility Map Main Area 1974?
A: Unfortunately, the original map may not be readily available to the general public. However, you can try reaching out to the Fort Bliss Military Heritage Center or the Fort Bliss Museum for more information or alternative resources.
Q: What are the key landmarks depicted on the map?
A: The map showcases various landmarks, including barracks, training areas, administrative buildings, recreational facilities, firing ranges, and medical centers.
Q: How accurate is the map?
A: The map was diligently created to provide an accurate representation of the Fort Bliss Main Area in 1974. However, it’s important to note that changes and developments may have occurred since then.
Q: Can I use the map for research purposes?
A: While the map can serve as a valuable historical resource, it is recommended to cross-reference with more recent maps and updated information for research purposes.
Q: Are there any guided tours available that explore the Fort Bliss Main Area based on the 1974 map?
A: As of now, there are no specific guided tours based solely on the 1974 map. However, the Fort Bliss Garrison Public Affairs Office offers guided tours to showcase the current facilities, history, and capabilities of the military base.
Q: Where can I find additional historical information about Fort Bliss?
A: The Fort Bliss Museum and the Fort Bliss Military Heritage Center are excellent resources for obtaining additional historical information about Fort Bliss.
Q: Can I contribute to the preservation of historical maps like the Fort Bliss Facility Map Main Area 1974?
A: Absolutely! You can reach out to the Fort Bliss Museum or the Fort Bliss Military Heritage Center to inquire about potential contributions or support for the preservation of historical maps and documents.
List of LSI Keywords
- Fort Bliss Facility
- Fort Bliss Main Area
- 1974 map
- Fort Bliss history
- El Paso military installation
- Fort Bliss navigation
- Military base layout
- Fort Bliss landmarks
- Fort Bliss Museum
- Fort Bliss Military Heritage Center