- The India Maharashtra Location Map serves as a visual representation of the state of Maharashtra in India.
- It showcases the geographical location of Maharashtra in relation to the surrounding states and the country as a whole.
- This map is a valuable tool for understanding the spatial context of Maharashtra and its neighboring regions.
- It aids in navigation, planning, and gaining insights into the state’s geography.
The India Maharashtra Location Map has evolved over time to reflect changes in borders, advancements in technology,
and the political landscape. Maharashtra, located in the western part of India, was officially formed as a state on
May 1, 1960, after the reorganization of states based on linguistic lines.
- The Maharashtra Location Map showcases the state’s proximity to the Arabian Sea, which greatly influences its
climate and serves as a significant aspect of its cultural and economic activities.
- The map highlights the diverse topography of Maharashtra, encompassing the Western Ghats, coastal plains,
plateaus, and the Deccan Traps, displaying a wide range of geographical features.
- It provides a clear illustration of Maharashtra’s borders with neighboring states like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh,
Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Goa, fostering an understanding of its regional associations.
- The map also reveals major cities within Maharashtra, such as Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, and Aurangabad,
indicating their significance as economic, cultural, and political hubs.
Table of Facts:
|1960||Formation of Maharashtra as a state.|
|1961||Goa, Daman, and Diu were incorporated into Maharashtra.|
|1975||Gujarat was separated from Maharashtra.|
|2014||Telangana was separated from Andhra Pradesh, further impacting Maharashtra’s borders.|
1. What is the purpose of the India Maharashtra Location Map?
The map serves as a visual aid to understand the geographical location of Maharashtra within India and
its neighboring states.
2. How can the map be useful?
The map can be useful in navigation, planning trips to Maharashtra, understanding the proximity to the Arabian
Sea, and gaining insights into the state’s geography.
3. Which major cities are depicted on the map?
Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, and Aurangabad are some of the major cities depicted on the map.
4. When was Maharashtra formed as a state?
Maharashtra was officially formed as a state on May 1, 1960.
5. What are the neighboring states of Maharashtra?
The neighboring states of Maharashtra include Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Karnataka, and
6. What are the major geographical features of Maharashtra?
The major geographical features of Maharashtra include the Western Ghats, coastal plains, plateaus, and the Deccan
7. Are there any significant historical events related to Maharashtra?
Yes, Maharashtra has played a significant role in various historical events, such as the Maratha Empire and the
Indian Independence movement.
List of LSI Keywords:
- India Maharashtra Location Map
- Geographical location of Maharashtra
- Maharashtra borders
- Western Ghats
- Maratha Empire
- Indian Independence movement