Jalpaiguri Subdivision Map En – A Comprehensive Guide
- Jalpaiguri Subdivision is a region located in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- The subdivision is known for its diverse geographical features, including rivers, forests, and tea gardens.
- The Jalpaiguri Subdivision Map provides an overview of the area’s administrative divisions, road networks, and natural landmarks.
The history of Jalpaiguri Subdivision can be traced back to ancient times. The region was ruled by various local kingdoms and dynasties before ultimately becoming a part of the British Indian Empire. Following India’s independence, it became a subdivision within the state of West Bengal.
Over the years, the subdivision has witnessed significant development and growth in sectors such as agriculture, tea production, and tourism. Today, Jalpaiguri Subdivision is a key administrative division in West Bengal and attracts visitors from around the world.
The Jalpaiguri Subdivision Map En offers several unique insights into the region:
- The map showcases the diverse topography of Jalpaiguri, ranging from the dense forests of Buxa to the tranquil tea gardens along the banks of the Teesta River.
- It highlights the major towns and cities within the subdivision, such as Jalpaiguri, Malbazar, and Dhupguri.
- The map also outlines the extensive road networks connecting various areas within the subdivision, enabling easy navigation for both locals and tourists.
Table of Relevant Facts
|1896||The British established the Jalpaiguri town as a major administrative center.|
|1956||Jalpaiguri Subdivision was officially formed within the state of West Bengal.|
|2009||The Gorumara National Park, known for its rich biodiversity, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.|
|2012||Jalpaiguri district was bifurcated, creating a new Alipurduar district.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is Jalpaiguri Subdivision known for?
Jalpaiguri Subdivision is known for its scenic beauty, tea gardens, and diverse wildlife.
2. How can I reach Jalpaiguri Subdivision?
Jalpaiguri Subdivision is well-connected by road and rail networks. The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport.
3. What are some popular tourist attractions in Jalpaiguri?
Popular tourist attractions in Jalpaiguri Subdivision include Gorumara National Park, Jaldapara National Park, and Buxa Fort.
4. Which are the major rivers flowing through the subdivision?
The major rivers flowing through Jalpaiguri Subdivision are the Teesta, Mahananda, and Jaldhaka.
5. When is the best time to visit Jalpaiguri Subdivision?
The best time to visit Jalpaiguri Subdivision is during the winter months of November to February when the weather is pleasant.
6. Are there any tribal communities in Jalpaiguri Subdivision?
Yes, Jalpaiguri Subdivision is home to several tribal communities, including the Rajbongshi, Mech, and Toto tribes.
7. What is the main occupation of the people in Jalpaiguri?
Agriculture, tea cultivation, and tourism are the main occupations of the people in Jalpaiguri Subdivision.
- Jalpaiguri District – Wikipedia
- Official Website of Jalpaiguri District
- West Bengal Tourism – Jalpaiguri
- Jalpaiguri subdivision
- Jalpaiguri map
- Jalpaiguri tourist attractions
- Jalpaiguri history
- Jalpaiguri road networks
- Jalpaiguri tea gardens
- Jalpaiguri tribes
- Jalpaiguri climate
- Jalpaiguri biodiversity