Karnataka Gulbarga Locator Map – An Expert Cartographer’s Perspective
- Karnataka Gulbarga Locator Map provides an overview of the geographical location of Gulbarga in Karnataka, India.
- Gulbarga, also known as Kalaburagi, is a historic city and serves as the administrative headquarters of the Gulbarga district.
- The map showcases the relationship between Gulbarga and its neighboring cities and highlights major transportation routes.
- It serves as a valuable tool for tourists, researchers, and locals to understand the geographic context of Gulbarga.
History of Gulbarga
Gulbarga, located in the northern part of Karnataka, has a rich historical significance. The city was once the capital of the Bahmani Kingdom and later became a prominent part of the Deccan Sultanates. It witnessed the rise and fall of various dynasties, including the Bahmanis, Bijapur Sultanate, and the Mughals.
Gulbarga played a crucial role as a center of art and architecture during the 14th and 15th centuries. The region boasts several impressive monuments such as the Gulbarga Fort, Jama Masjid, and Sharana Basaveshwara Temple, which attract tourists from around the world.
The Karnataka Gulbarga Locator Map provides several unique insights into the region:
- Gulbarga is located in the northern part of Karnataka, bordering Maharashtra and Telangana.
- The Bhima River flows through Gulbarga, offering a natural beauty and serving as an important water source.
- Major highways, such as National Highway 150A and State Highway 10, connect Gulbarga with other cities in the state.
- It is situated at an elevation of approximately 458 meters above sea level.
Table of Relevant Facts
|1347||Gulbarga becomes the capital of the Bahmani Kingdom.|
|1424||The Bahmani Sultanate is fragmented into five Sultanates, with Gulbarga falling under the Bidar Sultanate.|
|1512||Gulbarga comes under the rule of the Bijapur Sultanate.|
|1657||Mughals capture Gulbarga, marking the end of the Bijapur Sultanate’s rule.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Where is Gulbarga located?
Gulbarga is located in the northern part of Karnataka, India.
2. What is the historical significance of Gulbarga?
Gulbarga was the capital of the Bahmani Kingdom and later played a crucial role in the Deccan Sultanates. It has a rich history, with various dynasties ruling over the region.
3. What are the major attractions in Gulbarga?
Gulbarga boasts several impressive monuments, including the Gulbarga Fort, Jama Masjid, and Sharana Basaveshwara Temple.
4. How can the Karnataka Gulbarga Locator Map be helpful?
The map provides an overview of Gulbarga’s geographical location, neighboring cities, and major transportation routes. It helps tourists, researchers, and locals understand the context and navigate the region effectively.
5. What are the significant rivers near Gulbarga?
The Bhima River flows through Gulbarga, offering natural beauty and serving as an important water source.
6. What are the major highways connecting Gulbarga with other cities?
The National Highway 150A and State Highway 10 are the major highways that connect Gulbarga with other cities in Karnataka.
7. Can I visit Gulbarga for a historical tour?
Yes, Gulbarga is an ideal destination for a historical tour due to its rich heritage, architectural wonders, and fascinating history.