Madhya Pradesh District Location Map Bhopal
- The “Madhya Pradesh District Location Map Bhopal” provides a visual representation of the different districts
within Madhya Pradesh state, specifically highlighting Bhopal district.
- This map is a valuable tool for understanding the geographical layout of Madhya Pradesh and locating the
capital city, Bhopal.
- It showcases the neighboring districts that surround Bhopal, helping individuals navigate their way around
- The map serves as an essential resource for tourists, researchers, and anyone interested in exploring the
diverse districts of Madhya Pradesh.
The history of Madhya Pradesh dates back to ancient times. The region has witnessed the rise and fall of several
dynasties, each contributing to its cultural and architectural heritage. Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya
Pradesh, has a rich history that reflects the amalgamation of Hindu and Islamic cultures.
Under the rule of the Mughal Empire, Bhopal served as an important princely state. Later, it became a princely
state under British colonial rule. After India gained independence, Bhopal merged with the Indian union and
became the capital of the newly formed state of Madhya Pradesh.
Bhopal stands as a testament to the architectural brilliance of the past, with historical monuments like the
Taj-ul-Masajid, Jama Masjid, and Shaukat Mahal showcasing the city’s cultural heritage.
- Bhopal district, located in the central part of Madhya Pradesh, covers an area of approximately 2,772 square
- The district is bordered by Vidisha and Raisen districts in the north, Mandideep and Sehore districts in the
east, Hoshangabad district in the south, and Sehore district in the west.
- Bhopal, known as the City of Lakes, is famous for its stunning natural beauty and serene water bodies.
Upper Lake and Lower Lake are prominent freshwater lakes located within the city.
- The map highlights the major towns and cities within Bhopal district, such as Bhopal, Mandideep, Berasia,
- The district’s economy primarily revolves around industries, including textiles, engineering, chemicals, and
- Bhopal district also houses significant government institutions, educational centers, and healthcare
Table of Relevant Facts:
|Bhopal||2,772 sq km||2,389,747|
|Vidisha||7,054 sq km||1,458,875|
|Raisen||8,392 sq km||1,331,597|
|Sehore||6,578 sq km||1,311,332|
|Mandideep||496 sq km||151,679|
|Berasia||2,536 sq km||130,529|
|Phanda||1,797 sq km||62,314|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. What purpose does this map serve?
The Madhya Pradesh District Location Map Bhopal serves as a visual representation of the different districts
within Madhya Pradesh, with a particular focus on Bhopal district. It helps individuals understand the
geographical layout of the region, locate major towns and cities, and navigate their way around the area.
2. How can tourists benefit from this map?
Tourists can use this map to plan their visit to Madhya Pradesh, especially Bhopal district. It provides an
overview of the neighboring districts, enabling tourists to explore the rich cultural heritage and
architectural wonders of the region.
3. What are some famous landmarks in Bhopal district?
Bhopal district is home to several famous landmarks, including the Taj-ul-Masajid, Jama Masjid, Shaukat Mahal,
Upper Lake, and Lower Lake. These sites attract tourists from around the world due to their historical and
4. Which industries contribute to the economy of Bhopal district?
Bhopal district has a diverse industrial sector that includes textiles, engineering, chemicals, and
manufacturing. These industries play a significant role in the district’s economy and provide employment
opportunities to the local population.
5. Are there any notable educational institutions in Bhopal district?
Yes, Bhopal district is home to several prominent educational institutions, including universities, colleges,
and research centers. The district offers excellent educational facilities for students pursuing various
fields of study.
6. What is the total population of Bhopal district?
As per the latest data, the population of Bhopal district is approximately 2,389,747. However, it is essential
to note that this population figure is subject to change over time due to changing demographics.
7. How can one reach Bhopal district?
Bhopal district is well-connected through various modes of transportation. One can reach Bhopal by air via the
Raja Bhoj Airport, by train through Bhopal Junction, or by road through national and state highways.