- The Malani Express is a popular train route connecting Delhi and Jaisalmer.
- It passes through several major cities and towns, offering a glimpse into the diverse landscapes of India.
- Travelers on this route can experience the rich cultural heritage and architectural marvels of Rajasthan.
- The journey is known for its scenic beauty, including the Thar Desert and the Aravalli Range.
- Exploring the cities and attractions along the Malani Express route provides a unique travel experience.
The Malani Express Delhi Jaisalmer Route has a rich history dating back to its establishment in the early 1980s.
Initially, the route was served by various trains, but in 1986, the Malani Express was introduced as a dedicated
train connecting Delhi and Jaisalmer. The aim was to provide a convenient mode of transportation for locals and
tourists alike to explore the region’s cultural and natural wonders.
Over the years, the popularity of the Malani Express route grew as more people recognized the unique travel
experience it offered. The train passes through several significant cities and towns, including Bikaner, Phalodi,
and Pokaran, allowing passengers to witness the historical charm and architectural grandeur of Rajasthan.
- The Malani Express offers a panoramic view of the Thar Desert, one of the largest deserts in the world. Passengers
can witness the vast stretches of golden sand dunes and experience the rustic charm of the desert landscape.
- This route also takes travelers through the Aravalli Range, one of the oldest mountain ranges in India. The scenic
beauty of the mountains, adorned with vibrant flora and fauna, adds to the enchantment of the journey.
- Jaisalmer, the final destination of the Malani Express, is known as the “Golden City” due to its majestic
sandstone architecture. Exploring the beautiful palaces, havelis, and Jain temples is a highlight of the
- Throughout the route, passengers get a glimpse of the rural life in Rajasthan, witnessing the traditional
art forms, crafts, and cultural practices of the region.
Relevant Facts Table
|1986||The Malani Express train was introduced on the Delhi Jaisalmer route.|
|1992||Jaisalmer was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.|
|2006||Indian Railways modernized the Malani Express with improved amenities.|
|2020||The Malani Express temporarily suspended its services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How long does the journey on Malani Express take?
The journey from Delhi to Jaisalmer on the Malani Express typically takes around 17-18 hours.
2. Are there any noteworthy attractions enroute?
Absolutely! The Malani Express passes through cities and towns like Bikaner, Phalodi, and Pokaran, which offer
historical attractions, stunning palaces, forts, and temples that are worth exploring.
3. Is it possible to spot wildlife during the journey?
While the route doesn’t focus on wildlife spotting, travelers might catch glimpses of unique desert flora and fauna
during the journey.
4. Do I need to book tickets in advance?
It is advisable to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons, to ensure a seat on the
5. What are some popular dishes to try during the journey?
Rajasthan is known for its culinary delights. Do not miss the opportunity to savor local delicacies like Dal Bati
Churma, Ker Sangri, and Gatte ki Sabzi while traveling on the Malani Express.
6. Are there any options for accommodation along the route?
Yes, various budget-friendly and luxury accommodations are available in cities and towns along the route, making it
convenient for travelers to take breaks and explore the attractions.
7. Can I visit the Thar Desert during the journey?
Although the train does not specifically organize desert tours, passengers can plan side trips to explore the Thar
Desert from various destinations along the Malani Express route.
- Malani Express route
- Delhi to Jaisalmer train
- Thar Desert
- Aravalli Range
- Rajasthan attractions
- Golden City Jaisalmer
- Rural life in Rajasthan