- Fairfield County, Ohio features a detailed map with labeled municipalities and townships.
- Understanding the map helps with navigation and finding specific locations within the county.
- The map provides valuable information for residents, tourists, and businesses operating in Fairfield County.
History of Fairfield County Ohio
Fairfield County is located in the state of Ohio, United States. It was established on December 9, 1800, and named after the Fairfield district of South Carolina. The county’s strategic location near the Hocking River and Lancaster, the county seat, contributed to its growth and importance.
The county has a rich history dating back to the early Native American inhabitants. It was primarily inhabited by various indigenous tribes until the arrival of European settlers in the late 18th century.
Lancaster, the largest city in Fairfield County, became a major center for agriculture, trade, and industry in the region. It played a significant role in the expansion of the Ohio-Erie Canal, connecting the mining regions of southeastern Ohio with markets in the east. This further boosted the county’s economic development.
The “Map of Fairfield County Ohio With Municipal and Township Labels” offers several unique insights:
- The map showcases the 13 townships in Fairfield County, including Berne, Bloom, Clearcreek, Greenfield, Hocking, Liberty, Madison, Pleasant, Richland, Rush Creek, Violet, Walnut, and Wayne.
- It highlights the various municipalities within the county, such as Amanda, Baltimore, Bremen, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Fairfield Beach, Lancaster, Lithopolis, Millersport, Pickerington, Pleasantville, Rushville, Stoutsville, Sugar Grove, Thurston, and West Rushville.
- By illustrating the geographical features and major roads, the map provides navigational assistance to anyone traveling through or exploring Fairfield County.
- It represents the boundaries and locations of all the significant water bodies in the region, including the Hocking River, Buckeye Lake, Blacklick Creek, Walnut Creek, and Clear Creek.
Table of Relevant Facts
|1800||Fairfield County was established.|
|1835||The Ohio-Erie Canal reached Lancaster, aiding economic growth.|
|1852||Buckeye Lake was created as a reservoir for the Ohio-Erie Canal.|
|1914||Clear Creek Lake, now known as Clear Creek Metro Park, was established.|
|1994||The Fairfield County Heritage Association was founded to preserve historical properties in the county.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I obtain a physical copy of the map?
You can visit the Fairfield County Administration Building or local tourism information centers to request a physical copy of the map.
Are the municipalities and townships on the map up-to-date?
Efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of the map. However, it is advised to cross-reference official sources for the most up-to-date information.
Can I use the map for commercial purposes?
Commercial use of the map may require proper licensing or permissions from the relevant authorities. It is recommended to consult with the Fairfield County government for specific guidelines.
Does the map indicate recreational areas or parks?
Yes, the map highlights various recreational areas, parks, and natural landmarks within Fairfield County.
What are the major transportation routes depicted on the map?
The map includes major highways, state routes, and important roads connecting different parts of Fairfield County.
Are there any tourist attractions not shown on the map?
The map aims to provide an overview of the county’s municipalities and townships. While it may not capture every single tourist attraction, it offers a valuable starting point for exploration.
Can I obtain a digital copy of the map?
You can find a digital version of the map on the official website of Fairfield County or through reputable online mapping services.
- Fairfield County Official Website
- Fairfield County Heritage Association
- Ohio History Connection: Fairfield County Heritage Association
- Fairfield County Ohio map
- Municipalities in Fairfield County
- Townships in Fairfield County Ohio
- Lancaster Ohio map
- Fairfield County history
- Fairfield County tourism
- Fairfield County landmarks
- Fairfield County attractions
- Fairfield County administration
- Fairfield County official website