- South India and Sri Lanka Kanchipuram map showcases the geographical features of the region.
- Kanchipuram, located in India, is well known for its temples and rich cultural heritage.
- The map displays major cities, rivers, and landmarks of South India and Sri Lanka.
- It provides valuable information for travelers, researchers, and enthusiasts interested in exploring the region.
History of South India and Sri Lanka Kanchipuram Map
The map of South India and Sri Lanka Kanchipuram is a historical representation of the region that covers the southern part of India and the island nation of Sri Lanka. Kanchipuram, a city in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, is renowned for its extensive history and cultural significance. It is often referred to as the “City of Thousand Temples” due to its numerous temples, including the famous Kailasanathar Temple and Ekambareswarar Temple.
The map takes into account the diverse geography of the area, showcasing the mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, and coastal areas of South India and Sri Lanka. This comprehensive representation allows users to gain a better understanding of the region’s topographical features and facilitates various activities such as travel planning, historical research, and academic studies.
- The map highlights the cultural significance of Kanchipuram, known for its temples and silk sarees.
- It showcases major cities including Chennai, Bangalore, Colombo, and Kandy, providing an overview of urban centers in the region.
- Rivers such as the Godavari, Krishna, and Mahaweli are depicted, emphasizing their importance in regional geography and agriculture.
- The map displays national parks and wildlife sanctuaries like Periyar Tiger Reserve and Yala National Park, reflecting the rich biodiversity of the area.
Table of Relevant Facts
|4th century BCE||Establishment of the city of Kanchipuram and construction of early temples.|
|8th century CE||Growth of Kanchipuram as a major center of Pallava dynasty architectural and cultural expansion.|
|14th century||Emergence of Vijayanagara Empire and its influence in South India.|
|16th century||Arrival of European colonial powers impacting the region’s history.|
|1947||India gains independence from British rule, leading to significant political changes in the region.|
|1972||Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka, marking a shift in the country’s identity.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the significance of Kanchipuram?
Kanchipuram is a historically and culturally significant city known for its temples and rich heritage. It is renowned as a pilgrimage site and is famous for its silk sarees.
2. Which cities are included in the map of South India and Sri Lanka Kanchipuram?
The map includes major cities such as Chennai, Bangalore, Colombo, and Kandy, among others.
3. What can I learn from the map of South India and Sri Lanka Kanchipuram?
The map provides valuable information about the geography, major landmarks, and cultural heritage of the region. It serves as a useful tool for planning travel, studying history, and exploring regional attractions.
4. How were the rivers and mountain ranges represented on the map?
Rivers such as the Godavari, Krishna, and Mahaweli are depicted using blue lines, while mountain ranges are represented by brown shading. These symbols help distinguish between different geographical features.
5. Are wildlife sanctuaries and national parks included in the map?
Yes, the map includes notable wildlife sanctuaries and national parks like Periyar Tiger Reserve and Yala National Park. These areas are marked with specific symbols and labels.
6. Can the map be used for educational purposes?
Absolutely! The map is a useful resource for educational purposes. It enables students and researchers to study the geography, history, and cultural aspects of South India and Sri Lanka Kanchipuram.
7. Are there any historical events associated with the region?
Yes, the region has a rich history. Notable events include the establishment of Kanchipuram in the 4th century BCE, the architectural growth during the Pallava dynasty in the 8th century CE, and the impact of European colonial powers in the 16th century, among others.
List of LSI Keywords
- South India Kanchipuram map
- Sri Lanka map
- Kanchipuram temples
- Tamil Nadu geography
- Kanchipuram history
- South Indian culture
- Silk sarees
- Chennai city
- Coastal areas of South India
- Periyar Tiger Reserve