- MP Khargone District Map provides a detailed representation of the district’s geographical features and administrative divisions.
- The map is a useful tool for understanding the layout and locations of towns, cities, rivers, roads, and other landmarks in the district.
- It helps visitors and locals alike in navigating and exploring MP Khargone District.
The MP Khargone District Map showcases the rich cultural and historical background of the district. The region has a long history that dates back to ancient times. It was part of the Malwa region and witnessed the rule of various dynasties, including the Mauryas, Guptas, Paramaras, Mughals, and Marathas.
During the British era, the district was named West Nimar and was part of the Central Provinces and Berar. It remained under British rule until India gained independence in 1947. After independence, West Nimar became a district in the newly formed state of Madhya Pradesh.
The MP Khargone District Map allows us to explore the historical landmarks and heritage sites that are scattered across the district. These sites include ancient temples, forts, palaces, and archaeological remains, which provide a glimpse into the district’s glorious past.
1. Geographical Features: MP Khargone District is located in the western part of Madhya Pradesh, India. It is surrounded by the districts of Dhar, Barwani, Khargone, and Khandwa. The Narmada River flows through the district, enriching the fertile plains. The Satpura and Vindhya mountain ranges add to the district’s scenic beauty.
2. Administrative Divisions: The district is divided into several tehsils and towns, including Khargone, Bhikangaon, Maheshwar, Kasrawad, and Barwaha. Each division has its own distinct characteristics, cultural heritage, and historical significance.
3. Cultural Diversity: MP Khargone District is home to various communities, including Bhil, Gond, Korku, and Malvi. The cultural diversity of the district is reflected in its festivals, folk traditions, dance forms, and local cuisine.
4. Industrial Growth: The district has seen significant industrial development in recent years. It is known for its agricultural produce, textile industries, handloom weaving, and oilseed processing units. The map showcases the locations of these industrial centers, fostering economic growth in the district.
Table of Relevant Facts
|1947||India gained independence, and West Nimar became part of Madhya Pradesh|
|1972||West Nimar was renamed as Khargone District|
|1985||Khargone town became the district headquarters|
|2003||Barwaha was carved out from Khargone to form a separate tehsil|
1. What are the main attractions in MP Khargone District?
Some popular attractions in MP Khargone District include the famous Maheshwar Fort and Maheshwar Ghat, Omkareshwar Temple, Ahilya Bai’s Palace, and the fascinating rock-cut caves of Bagh.
2. How can I reach MP Khargone District?
MP Khargone District is well-connected by road and rail. The nearest airport is Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport in Indore, which is approximately 100 kilometers away.
3. Are there any wildlife sanctuaries in MP Khargone District?
Yes, the district is home to the Bagh Caves Wildlife Sanctuary, which is known for its diverse flora and fauna. It is a haven for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
4. What is the best time to visit MP Khargone District?
The best time to visit MP Khargone District is during the winter season, from October to March. The weather during this period is pleasant, making it ideal for exploring the district’s attractions.
5. Are there any accommodation options in MP Khargone District?
Yes, there are several hotels, guesthouses, and resorts available in MP Khargone District. These accommodations cater to a range of budgets and provide a comfortable stay for visitors.
6. Can I hire a local guide to explore MP Khargone District?
Absolutely! Hiring a local guide can enhance your experience of exploring MP Khargone District. They can provide valuable insights into the historical and cultural significance of various sites and help you navigate the district seamlessly.
7. Is MP Khargone District safe for tourists?
MP Khargone District is a relatively safe destination for tourists. However, it is always recommended to take necessary precautions, such as traveling in groups, avoiding isolated areas during late hours, and respecting local customs and traditions.
For more information about MP Khargone District and its attractions, you can visit the following websites:
- Official Website of MP Khargone District
- Khargone District on Wikipedia
- MP Tourism – Khargone District
- MP Khargone District Map
- Khargone District
- West Nimar
- Madhya Pradesh
- Geographical Features
- Administrative Divisions
- Cultural Diversity
- Industrial Growth
- Wildlife Sanctuaries
- Accommodation Options
- Local Guides
- Tourist Safety