Singapore Bukit Panjang LRT Line Map – Expert Cartographer Article
- The Bukit Panjang LRT Line in Singapore is an integral part of the city-state’s efficient and extensive public transportation system.
- Operating since 1999, the LRT line serves the residential estate of Bukit Panjang, connecting it to various MRT stations and key locations in Singapore.
- The map provides an overview of the Bukit Panjang LRT Line, showcasing its route and the important landmarks it passes through.
The Bukit Panjang LRT Line, commonly known as the BPLRT, was officially opened on 6 November 1999. It was the second fully automated and driverless Light Rail Transit system in Singapore, following the introduction of the Sengkang LRT Line.
The initial phase of the Bukit Panjang LRT Line had 14 stations, stretching over 7.8 kilometers. The line was designed to connect the residential estates of Bukit Panjang with crucial transport nodes, including the Choa Chu Kang MRT Station on the North-South Line.
Over the years, the LRT line underwent various extensions and upgrades to enhance connectivity and convenience. In 2014, two additional stations were added, extending the line’s coverage to Junction 10 Shopping Mall and Ten Mile Junction. The line was further connected to the Downtown Line MRT station in 2015.
1. Elevated Track Design: The Bukit Panjang LRT Line features an elevated track design, providing passengers with scenic views of the surrounding neighborhood. The elevated nature of the line minimizes disruptions to existing road traffic and maximizes the efficient use of space.
2. Advanced Signaling System: The LRT line incorporates an advanced signaling system that ensures safe and smooth operations. The system uses a combination of sensors, computer control, and communication technologies to maintain optimal spacing between trains and prevent collisions.
3. Integration with MRT Stations: The Bukit Panjang LRT Line seamlessly connects with various MRT stations, allowing commuters to transfer between the light rail and the metro system easily. This integration promotes efficient travel across different parts of Singapore.
Table of Facts
|1999||Bukit Panjang LRT Line officially opened|
|2014||Addition of two stations: Junction 10 Shopping Mall and Ten Mile Junction|
|2015||Connectivity established with Downtown Line MRT station|
1. How many stations are there on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line?
There are currently 17 stations on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line.
2. Can I use my MRT card for travel on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line?
Yes, you can use your MRT card for travel on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line. The same card can be used for seamless transfers between the MRT and LRT systems.
3. Are the LRT trains automated and driverless?
Yes, the LRT trains on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line are fully automated and driverless. They operate using advanced signaling and control systems.
4. How long does it take to travel the entire Bukit Panjang LRT Line?
The total travel time to cover the entire Bukit Panjang LRT Line is approximately 30 minutes.
5. Are there any plans for further extensions to the Bukit Panjang LRT Line?
Currently, there are no announced plans for further extensions to the Bukit Panjang LRT Line.
6. Can I bring my bicycle on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line?
No, bicycles are not allowed on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line.
7. Are the stations on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line accessible for individuals with disabilities?
Yes, the stations on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line are wheelchair-accessible with facilities such as ramps and elevators.
- Singapore LRT map
- Bukit Panjang MRT
- Singapore public transportation
- Driverless LRT
- Bukit Panjang LRT stations
- Light Rail Transit Singapore
- Bukit Panjang LRT Line extension