Hyderabad District Map 1951
- The Hyderabad District Map of 1951 provides a detailed visual representation of the district’s boundaries, towns, and geographic features.
- This map is a valuable resource for historical research, urban planning, and understanding the changes that have occurred in the district over time.
- By examining the map, one can explore the spatial distribution of population, major roadways, and administrative divisions of Hyderabad in 1951.
In 1951, the Hyderabad District Map showcased the boundaries and divisions of Hyderabad, a significant district in the Indian state of Telangana. Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana today, held historical importance as the former capital of the Nizams.
During the period of the map, Hyderabad District covered a vast area and included several cities, towns, and villages within its jurisdiction. The district played a crucial role in India’s struggle for independence and the integration of princely states into the Indian Union.
The map highlights the administrative divisions, such as talukas and revenue divisions, enabling a deeper understanding of the district’s governance structure. It also showcases major roadways, rivers, lakes, and other prominent physical features of the region.
Studying the Hyderabad District Map of 1951 reveals several unique insights:
- Population Distribution: The map helps visualize the population distribution across different towns and villages within the district, providing valuable demographic insights.
- Urban Development: By observing the concentration of towns and their proximity to major roadways and water bodies, one can analyze the historical patterns of urban development in Hyderabad.
- Administrative Division: The map illustrates the talukas and revenue divisions, assisting researchers in understanding the administrative hierarchy and governance structure of the district during that time.
Table of Relevant Facts
|Hyderabad District included areas that are part of present-day Hyderabad and neighboring districts.
|Hyderabad was the capital of the former princely state of Hyderabad and later became the capital of the newly formed state of Andhra Pradesh.
|The district had a diverse population with people from various ethnic, linguistic, and religious backgrounds.
|The map displayed major roadways, rivers, lakes, and other geographical features of the district.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the significance of the Hyderabad District Map 1951?
The Hyderabad District Map of 1951 holds historical significance as it showcases the boundaries, towns, and geographical features of the district during that period. It provides valuable insights into the region’s history, population distribution, and administrative divisions.
2. What can we learn from the Hyderabad District Map 1951?
By studying the Hyderabad District Map of 1951, one can gain insights into the spatial distribution of population, major roadways, and the administrative structure of the district. It helps researchers and urban planners understand the historical development of the region.
3. What types of information does the Hyderabad District Map 1951 provide?
The map provides information on the boundaries, towns, cities, villages, major roadways, rivers, lakes, and other geographical features of Hyderabad District in 1951. It also showcases the administrative divisions and hierarchy.
4. How does the Hyderabad District Map 1951 help in urban planning?
The map aids urban planners by offering insights into historical patterns of urban development, population distribution, and the proximity of towns to major roadways and water bodies. This information can guide future urban planning decisions.
5. Can I compare the Hyderabad District Map 1951 with the current map?
Yes, a comparison between the Hyderabad District Map of 1951 and the current map allows one to observe changes in boundaries, urbanization, and infrastructure development over time.
6. Where can I access the Hyderabad District Map 1951?
The Hyderabad District Map of 1951 is available in various archives, libraries, and online resources dedicated to historical maps. Local government or historical societies might also have copies of the map.
7. Are there other historical maps available for Hyderabad District?
Yes, Hyderabad District has a rich cartographic history, and there are other historical maps available for different time periods. Exploring these maps can provide a broader understanding of the district’s evolution.
- Hyderabad District Map 1951
- Hyderabad boundaries 1951
- Historical cartography of Hyderabad
- Hyderabad population distribution
- Urban development in Hyderabad
- Administrative divisions of Hyderabad District