- Kheda is a district located in Gujarat, India.
- The district is known for its historical and cultural significance.
- Kheda is strategically located and serves as a major transportation hub.
- The map provides an overview of Kheda’s district and its surrounding areas.
History of Kheda District
Kheda district, also known as Kaira district, has a rich historical background. It was established in 1949 and
located in the western part of Gujarat, India. The district derived its name from the Kheda town, which serves
the district headquarters.
Kheda has witnessed various historical events throughout the centuries, including the independence movement of
India. During the British rule, Kheda played a prominent role in the Satyagraha movement led by Mahatma
Here are some unique insights about Kheda district:
- Kheda is home to several historical sites, including the Shri Mahalaxmi Temple and Muni Vidyasagar
- The district is known for its agricultural production, primarily cultivating crops such as cotton,
- Kheda is divided into nine talukas, each having its distinctive features and cultural heritage.
- It serves as a major trading center for various commodities, contributing significantly to the region’s
Table of Facts:
|1949||Establishment of Kheda district|
|1918||Satyagraha movement led by Mahatma Gandhi|
|1983||Shri Mahalaxmi Temple construction|
|2001||Muni Vidyasagar Kripatirth Jain Tirth construction|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the significance of Kheda district?
Kheda district holds immense historical and cultural significance in Gujarat, India. It played a vital
in India’s independence movement and is home to various historical landmarks.
Which crops are cultivated in Kheda?
Kheda district is primarily engaged in the cultivation of crops such as cotton, groundnut, and tobacco.
What are the major tourist attractions in Kheda?
Kheda district boasts several tourist attractions, including the Shri Mahalaxmi Temple and Muni
Kripatirth Jain Tirth.
How many talukas are there in Kheda?
Kheda is divided into nine talukas, each with its unique features and cultural heritage.
Is Kheda a transportation hub?
Yes, Kheda serves as a major transportation hub, connecting various parts of Gujarat and facilitating
What is the district headquarters of Kheda?
The district headquarters of Kheda is the town of Kheda itself.
What industries contribute to Kheda’s economy?
Kheda district’s economy is supported by various industries, including agriculture, trading, and
- Kheda Gujarat district map
- Kheda India historical landmarks
- Kheda agriculture and crops
- Transportation hub Kheda Gujarat
- Kheda district economy and industries
- Tourist attractions in Kheda
- Khairpur district map Gujarat
- Kheda talukas and cultural heritage