The Lombok Regions Map traces its origins back to the late 18th century when European explorers started documenting the world’s geography in detail. Over the years, cartographers have refined and improved the state of mapping technology, leading to the creation of highly accurate maps.
Lombok, an Indonesian island located east of Bali, has been of great interest to cartographers due to its diverse landscapes, cultural heritage, and captivating beauty. In recent years, as tourism has flourished in the area, the demand for detailed maps has grown exponentially.
The Lombok Regions Map was developed to address this demand and provide both locals and visitors with a comprehensive overview of the island’s regions. It incorporates detailed geographic and topographic information, allowing users to navigate the island’s terrain with ease.
- Lombok consists of four main regions: West Lombok, Central Lombok, East Lombok, and North Lombok.
- Each region has its own distinct characteristics, including landscapes, cultural traditions, and historical sites.
- West Lombok is known for its pristine beaches, such as Senggigi Beach and Gili Islands, which are popular tourist destinations.
- Central Lombok is home to Mount Rinjani, the second-highest volcano in Indonesia, attracting adventurers and nature enthusiasts.
- East Lombok is famous for weaving and pottery traditions, offering a unique cultural experience.
- North Lombok boasts beautiful waterfalls, such as Sendang Gile and Tiu Kelep, surrounded by lush greenery.
Table: Relevant Events and Facts
|1674||The Dutch establish a trading post in Lombok.|
|1894||Lombok becomes part of the Dutch East Indies.|
|1942||Japanese forces occupy Lombok during World War II.|
|1949||Lombok joins the Republic of Indonesia.|
|1978||A violent earthquake and tsunami strike Lombok, causing significant damage.|
|2018||Lombok experiences a series of powerful earthquakes, leading to widespread destruction.|
1. How can I obtain a physical copy of the Lombok Regions Map?
You can obtain a physical copy of the Lombok Regions Map from local tourist information centers, bookstores, or online map retailers.
2. Is the Lombok Regions Map available in multiple languages?
Yes, the Lombok Regions Map is available in multiple languages, including English, Indonesian, and some international languages commonly spoken by tourists.
3. Can I download a digital version of the Lombok Regions Map?
Yes, a digital version of the Lombok Regions Map can be downloaded from various map providers and travel websites.
4. Are the attractions and landmarks accurately marked on the Lombok Regions Map?
Yes, the Lombok Regions Map provides accurate and up-to-date information regarding the island’s attractions, landmarks, and points of interest.
5. Can I use the Lombok Regions Map for hiking or outdoor activities?
Absolutely! The Lombok Regions Map offers detailed topographic information, making it an excellent companion for hiking, trekking, and outdoor adventures.
6. How frequently is the Lombok Regions Map updated?
The Lombok Regions Map is regularly updated to ensure accuracy. It incorporates relevant changes in infrastructure, landmarks, and newly discovered points of interest.
7. Are there any online resources available to explore Lombok further?
Yes, there are many online travel guides, websites, and blogs dedicated to providing in-depth information about Lombok’s attractions and destinations.